Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Perfect Turkey, Jello Salad and a Reflection

I love my oven - GE Profile, 30" convection, in-wall, double oven.

On Easter I was able to cook an 18 pound turkey in two and a half hours - that's 8 minutes a pound! A little butter, salt and pepper, stick the temperature probe in, set the oven and bam! Check that out! I didn't open the oven once! Seriously! That's Food Network style right there!


My favorite jello salad is this Jello Ribbon Salad, it is absolutely beautiful and great to make when you are spending a day in the kitchen as you have to add a layer every half hour and there are twelve layers. Yes, it takes six hours total but you only tend to it about ten minutes an hour.

It would also be great for your local Pride Fest.

And now for the Reflection. I like to give thanks for the blessings in my life and so does my family but not always in a room full of 30 plus people.

For Easter I filled a small basket of empty plastic Easter eggs and asked my guests to write a thought, blessing or word, place it in an egg and then before lunch everyone who wrote on an egg would get to pick one and read it. It was really great to hear all of the anonymous thoughts. Two of my favorites were "Yea! It's Easter! Rah, rah, rah! Yea, God!" and "I believe in the Easter Bunny!"

1 comment: