Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Centerpiece

So my mom suggested these cute little centerpieces for our Easter table and it was much easier than I originally thought so I'm sharing.

Step 1
Crack open a regular egg (not hard boiled), discard (or use) the white and yolk and rinse.

Step 2
Dip the egg shell in your standard Easter egg dye.















Step 3
Remove from the dye and let dry.














Step 4
Buy some annuals from your local nursery - I removed about half of the dirt from the bottom of the flower to better fit inside the egg.














Step 5
Work the annual into the egg.

It took some squeezing and back and forth wiggling but it went in much easier than I expected.

There were a couple that "ripped" a little and at first I was annoyed but it ended up looking like the flower hatched from the egg, which was really super cute.














Step 6
I used the egg carton to hold the flower-stuffed egg shells while I finished the rest.














Step 7
I cut the egg carton (after removing the stuffed egg shells) to fit into my basket. To elevate the eggs, I turned a tupper ware container upside down so the bottom of the egg carton rested on the bottom of the container. This gave better height to my final arrangement.

I placed some Spanish Moss in the basket and over the egg carton and placed in the eggs.














Step 8
Enjoy a darling centerpiece and lots of compliments.

1 comment: