Sunday, May 24, 2009

Outdoor Fun

I'm preparing for a little brunch this morning with some friends that we haven't seen in quite awhile. I'll post my favorite recipe (creme brulee french toast) later with some pics.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share what we've been up to in the yard.

Last weekend we planed our containers, annual beds and herb garden.


Tonight we are having a pasta with sun dried tomatoes and fresh basil from the herb garden - YUM!

The clematis is finally blooming for the first time. This is its third year and is a cutting from my mom's clematis. I love its deep purple blooms.
I can't remember what this plant is (found out - it's a bleeding heart) in the hanging basket but I find it very interesting. I do know it prefers shade. I should ask my mom, she would know, she's a botanical encyclopedia.

It's a lovely morning and I'm actually writing this post from my patio table while enjoying a freshly brewed cup of coffee - very special indeed!

Here's my spot:


And here's my view:

Baby's crying...pausing zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment